INTERVIEWS WITH EMPLOYERS
This pre-task countries will do in pairs. They have to choose how do they want to communicate (e-mail, google docs, whatsapp…)
Paired countries according to number of students taking part:
|Croatia (4 students)||Germany (4 students)||8 students total|
|Poland (3 students)||Italy (6 students)||9 students total|
|Finland (3 students)||Spain (5 students)||8 students total|
Teams (e.g. Croatia and Germany) have to pick two jobs between those proposed, or invent some other job. Jobs proposed:
- in hospital: doctor, nurse, caregiver…
- in hotel: receptionist, manager, waiter…
- technician: engineering technician, electronics technician, car mechanic…
- in supermarket: sales person, manager…
Each team has to find a store/office/institution… where they want to interview a chosen employee and contact that person. Interview should take place in person if possible. If not, then via e-mail etc.
Both countries paired should do those two interviews.
Questions for interviews:
- What were the skills that helped you to this position? (skills needed in past) Here students can propose some soft skills to the interview partner.
- What are the key competences you are using now in your present job? (skills needed in present)
- What kind of skills do you think an employee will need in ten years ? (skills needed in future)
Teams will compare the results.
Teams will agree on form they want to present it in. Here they can be creative.
SOFT SKILLS STUDENTS COULD PERCEIVE IN INTERVIEW PARTNER:
leadership, judgement, social intelligence, perspective, teamwork, perceptiveness, self-confidence, persistence, emotion regulation…
SOFT SKILLS STUDENTS WILL USE:
interviewing skills, listening, judgement, social intelligence, teamwork, collaborating, presentation skills